Saturday, September 19, 2015

Chapter 1 - Live here... no there!

I went searching for a challenge that wasn't actually a legacy and found this one. It is still technically a legacy though I doubt I'll make it 10 generations, I never do. This one is called "Do It As You Go". Everything is random and who knows what will happen next. A legacy that you can actually use cheats... I don't know if I can do this!

Here is the link if anyone wants to read it or try it: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=525279&c=1&ht=&page=1&pp=25#startcomments

One thing I am going to really try not to do is the reroll. If I do, I will note it. I will note now though if a roll is for a baby/toddler/child and cannot be fulfilled like big breasts, I will be rerolling those. Genders unless specified by rules or natural birth will all be rolled as well, odds for boys, even for girls. This will be for anyone coming into the household, like if I have to add another sim because of a event, adoption, ect. Everything else will be randomized either by in game dice or outside dice. Names will be chosen from the random name generator. Also, it is recommended that you play this on medium lifespan, I will not be doing this as I feel that is just too short with my Sims. So I am doing it on normal, just like a regular legacy.

The first thing, create a starting couple in CAS.

For the male I rolled:
Medium Hair (I'm going if it touches the collar it is medium)
Very Muscular
Pink Clothing

Everything else can be what I want. So meet Oren Pruitt. Name is randomized and I think this is actually Jonathan Baymont by Arathea, with a few minor changes.



Oren's random roll for traits: Adventurous, Artistic, Gatherer, Hopeless Romantic and Supernatural Skeptic.

LTW: Master of the Arts

His beautiful partner as randomizes with a coin, heads for male, tales for female, Josselyn. She was originally Charlotta Hartwig by Arathea, again changed a bit for the challenge.

For Josselyn I rolled:
Loser Trait
Black Eyes
Lots of Makeup

 Her randomized traits (poor girl) are: No Sense of Humor, Hates the Outdoors, Loser, Inappropriate and Hydrophobic.

LTW: Visionary

With the Sims created, I moved them into Island Paradise. I figured if there is any events that require diving I'm in the right place, plus it really is a cute little world. I did make Oren and Josselyn married but we will see how long that will last. They moved into a cute little house over by Rebecca's Cafe.


Bear with me with this, I've never played this before so I will be checking the rules frequently, and of coarse doing the rolls.

So the first thing we need to do is roll the Build/Buy Roller to see if we have to do something. This is rolled every 9 days, if I forget I have to summons the repoman 3 times! So Wk 1 Day 1 is our first roll, I will have 9 days to complete this task and then will have to roll again, and so on.

First roll = Nothing.

Yay! Didn't have the money to spend on a whole new rebuild anyways. Next it is time to roll the event roller. This one you are suppose to roll every 3 days, have 3 days to complete it and then roll for the next event. I don't think I'll be doing it this way. I will roll for an event and have those 3 days to complete it, if I get it done before the 3 days are up, I will be rolling for another event right away. Hopefully this will not get to overwhelming and keep the game not boring. If it does, I'll do it the original way.

First event roll = BIG move! (Move to a new town. if you don't have any then just move to a new house.)

Well.... there went my idea to live in paradise! Off we go! Since moving to a new town actually requires a $20,000 deposit, they had to take a loan out from the bank (I had to cheat them the money), they will pay it back when it is refunded after the move. I am sure there will be a lot of loans this legacy.

Oren: That's right, we're moving even though we just moved here and the almighty Goddess hasn't even unpaused yet. Nope, didn't even have a chance to christen my throne.
 Maybe it's a good thing they are moving, jet skies driving by themselves!



Apparently we are talking a boat taxi all the way to Starlight Shores?



 Well it isn't paradise, but at least the house is cute. Now lets hope we get an event that doesn't involve moving! The $20,000 was paid back to the bank, leaving them with their original $3,689.

 Next event = Blue Skin Disease! (change one of your Sims skins to any shade of blue. in 3 days you can change back if you wish.)

 Hmm let me think who I want to change. I think Josselyn with her blonde hair and then blue skin will be pretty.





Wow her makeup really shows up now. I don't even think I'll change it back in the 3 days.

Come on, give me an event that is actually something to do!

Event =  Vacation! (If you have World Adventures then take your entire family on a vacation. If you don't then spend all day and night at a lake and park. You can edit the lots to add cribs for babies and toddlers.)

Bwahaha! Well I guess I got my wish! Hopefully they have enough money to do something, if not looks like another loan from the bank. This time though they will have to work to repay it.

The trip to Shang Simla, China will cost $2300 for the two of them, so no loan needed. I am not getting very far with all this loading into different worlds.

There they are! Since I get three days to complete this event, and they get three days for vacation, I'm going to wait to roll the next event till they get home. They will get to do whatever their little hearts desire in China.


Oren: What the hell, she's already heart farting for a local!?
Josselyn: Well you haven't been very interesting!


Josselyn checks the adventure board to start her vacation, I think I'm going to let Oren do what he wants and just mess with her.

She had to contact Ai Pei to start her first quest. Ai trips as soon as he sees Josselyn.

 Treasure Hunter - Enter Halls of the Lost Army.

While she does that, Oren is back at base camp reading.

He too wanted to visit the Forbidden City, so he heads to the Halls of the Lost Army to meet up with Josselyn. While he's running to her, she opens the first secret door.



Then I remembered I should have her probably buy some supplies before she heads into the tomb.

While Josselyn is getting supplies to keep her and Oren alive, Oren is more focused on books. He's not even a bookworm!

 Four stores later we finally get to the right one!

 Heading back to the Halls of Lost Army, Josselyn heads down the first stairs and uses the key that Ai gave her. Oren, slowly follows not doing much of anything yet.



Oren: Need help with that Honey?
Josselyn: You're just in the way, go somewhere else.


And he was, he wouldn't follow her, so he was starting to bug me. I just decided to leave him at the beginning while she went and did the exploring.

Josselyn: I miss him so much!
Oh pull it together, he's just in the other room!
 Josselyn: Wow, look at all these statues!
Yes, yes, now get to moving them!


Josselyn: I could use him right now!
I know, but he's still standing at the foot of the stairs at the beginning!



Hahaha! At least she choose the hand that wasn't holding the pick axe to scratch her ass!

 I forgot how much I actually like World Adventures! She found her first treasure a Sun Kissed Lapis Lazuli.

 She then moves a few more statues, goes through another door and we find a well. Crap, forgot she is hydrophobic!

Josselyn: I hate water!
I know, just dive really fast, like ripping off a band-aid!



Josselyn: I hate you.
You're not the first and you surely won't be the last, buck up! 


After her dive she finishes the tomb and heads back to Ai. Someone was very happy about getting his relic. At least he's appreciative!



It was already noon on day 2, so starting another huge adventure wasn't going to work. At least not the Dragon one she was offered next. Instead I had Josselyn do some minor ones to get more visa points.

Her next quest was to collect 5 metals. I just had her go around collecting and excavating stuff for awhile.

 Oren got bored so I had him to so easy adventures himself. His first one collect 3 Lapis Lazuli gems.



Josselyn: I'm so tired, please can I stop running!
Yeah, I guess. Wasting time lady!
 She also stunk to high heaven, so she took a quick shower before turning in her metals.



Oren turned in his metals.



Then Josselyn turned in her's, though the guy really wasn't paying attention.


 Finally Oren and Josselyn have a little time to actually enjoy their vacation. They did do a risky and I have it set to 50%. If you've read some of the people doing this challenge, you'd know why we want to start on the next generation kind of early.


Oren: Do you like what you see?
Josselyn: Well it sure is a big muscle!
 After a little fun they were famished, so they headed down to breakfast.

Really, brains for breakfast?
Josselyn: Nutrition comes in many forms.
Eww.
 With the vacation over they head back to Starlight Shores for the next event.

Event = Mens of Fish. (Send every male sim in your household fishing.)

Easy enough. So while Josselyn settles into her new house finally, Oren heads out to catch them some dinner.



Then Josselyn starts working on her LTW and learning painting.



After 6 hours at the beach fishing, Oren finally caught an anchovy, it was time to go home.



Oren works on his guitar, while Josselyn still works on that one painting. I kind of miss vampires now!



Looks like Josselyn brought a little present home from China!



They were down to $44, and since neither of them have wishes or LTW to have jobs, they needed money. I started selling the books that were in Oren's inventory. He had 3 each brought in a little over $1300! So just those books alone, they were back up to $4000+ in the bank. After that I decided not to sell their gems and metals yet.

This vase was one of the beauties Josselyn found in the tomb, but it is only worth a little over $300 so they get to keep it, along with her other treasures. They look nice but are not worth much.


 The next morning it was time for another event.

Event = Red isn't your color. (Add LOTS of makeup to all males in your house. you can remove it all in 3 days.)

Josselyn helped her husband out while he slept, so when he awoke he had no idea how beautiful he'd turned out.

Bwahahahahahaha! Oh goodness he looks hot!

 At least I think he'd make a good looking girl! While he wakes up, Josselyn gets her baby bump.

 Next event.

Event = Writing inspiration! (Have a sim write a book.)

I decided on Josselyn  for this, they both have wishes finally to join careers but with her pregnant she won't get much working in anyways. I bought her a computer but before she started Oren had to make sure she knew he loved her. Awwwww























Then I got sidetracked and then had to do some real life stuff so I saved and quit. This is where we will pick up next time! Let's hope the events keep being good ones! No Whammies!

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment